From a correspondent:
Myron Evans, of 50, Rhyddwen Road, Craigcefnparc, Swansea has sent the letter below to his MP and copied it onto the public internet.
There are suggested responses for the MP to reply to Evans below each deluded comment of Evans.
Open Letter to Mr Byron Davies M. P. Gower
July 23, 2016
Also to be sent by mail.
Dear Mr Davies,
I would like to request that you call for a Parliamentary Enquiry into the way in which Mawr is misgoverned at present. I would suggest the following written questions in the Commons.
1) Why has the Welsh language in Mawr been destroyed by over development and poor government?
Why did Evans oppose affordable Housing for local families?
2) Why has the environment been destroyed by useless wind turbines?
Sadly it may soon, but not yet at present. Evans did nothing to oppose it. Evans was never ever seen in the meetings and protests!
3) Why is there no hydroelectric power station in the Lliw Reservoir system in Mawr?
Because it would be totally insignificant – little flow and low altitude drop. Any scientist should Know that, but Evans who claims to be a Scientist cannot grasp schoolboy Physics as a onetime Chemist.
4) Why has the Mawr Development Trust gone into liquidation shortly after the Community Council was severely reprimanded a second time by the Welsh Audit Office early in 2015? This followed a severe reprimand in 2011 over many accounts irregularities. Is Parliament aware of the detailed accounts of the Mawr Community Council and Mawr Development Trust?
Evans knows nothing of Mawr Development Trust and all the very good work it did.
5) Why has the historic and much admired chapel of Gerazim been put up for sale by auction in far away east Wales without consultation of the Dissenters of Mawr in the various chapels of Mawr?
Why? Because it had only one 95 year old Trustee and only five members left. Evans never even goes himself to Capel Elim the one he claims his ancestors founded.
6) Why has Cllr Ioan Richard tried to saturate the village of Craig Cefn Parc with thirty or forty new houses which would have completely destroyed the Welsh language?
Applications for houses are made by applicants and not Councillors and the village needs affordable housing for locals. Evans recently opposed an application for just one house BY A WELSH SPEAKING VILLAGER because it was next door to his joking University.
7) Why are there no Welsh language schools in Garnswllt and Craig Cefn Parc?
There are Welsh Medium Schools at Felindre and Gellionnen and Pontarddulais that serve Mawr well.
8) Why is there civil disobedience in Mawr? Why have horse riding vandals been allowed to completely destroy the environment of Gelliwastad to such an extent that water has run off the mountain for years? People on Mountain Road have had to block off houses lying at a level below the road and have complained to me as Armiger many times. Why is this protected environment set on fire by out of control arsonists almost every year?
How come the statistical facts from South Wales Police deny this? Mawr has the lowest crime rate in the County.
9) Why has Council tax tripled in about fifteen years, and why are there no basic services such as gritting, lighting, and double yellow lines?
It has gone up proportionally the same everywhere. O)f course there are many services. Who empties his dustbin ?
10) Why are cars allowed to block pavements unlawfully?
Evans parks partly on his neighbour’s land next to his neighbour’s garage, otherwise he would be parking on the pavement as do his rare visitors.
11) Why are historic houses sold indiscriminately and heavily damaged?
Where? Give examples. Did Evans just make this up like most of his outlandish statements?
Cllr Ioan Richard was forced to resign from the Community Council of Mawr because he wanted to develop thirty new houses in the village, which has already been destroyed by overdevelopment and lack of industry and by uncontrolled monoglot immigration of rich outsiders. He was met with popular rejection and resigned from the Community Council. This shows that his concern for the Welsh language is empty hypocrisy. In my opinion a Bro Iaith area should be established in Mawr with semi autonomous powers to protect and revive the Welsh language. Recently the Councillor interfered in a planning objection of mine, but I was allowed to state my point of view by teh Editor of “The Evening Post” and also by BBC Radio Wales. There are many disturbing incidents like this. UNESCO has warned of the extinction of Welsh as a spoken language, yet the Government does nothing to protect it. In fact libraries are having to be shut in the Swansea Valley. This is the fault of the London Government.
This is a general rant with little meaning. The Councillor resigned, along with ten others, because the Mawr Council at the time was bedevilled with hecklers allowed by the then Chair who seems to have been a friend of Evans and it had become a shouting shop doing nothing. The hecklers then got on the Council and did nothing and then resigned themselves. Thank goodness there are some good new Councillors there now. Evans never attends any meetings or events in Mawr so he does not know what he is talking about!
(Dr. M. W. Evans, 50 Rhyddwen Road, Craig Cefn APrc, Swansea SA6 5RA)
Armiger, Member of the Gentry, and Civil List Pensioner
He should be stripped of this title.